[Lazarus] Lazarus IDE help and Application help formats

Andrew Haines AndrewD207 at aol.com
Fri Aug 21 04:55:38 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>>
>> Someone broke the example. I fixed it.
>
> Thanks, I read the wiki pages and will give the helphtml example another
> try.
>

>> The package ChmHelpPkg provides a viewer for chm files by starting and
>> remote controlling lhelp.
>
> This sounds more promising, thanks for mentioning it.

Also if you assign HelpContext on a TControl chm help has a way to
lookup url's from a context id.

Using TChmWriter.AddContext(AContextID, '/my/url/doc.html#heading');  or
any url.  I suppose you could even use another filename in the url like so:
AddContext(AContextID,
'ms-its::mysupplemental.chm:/my/url/doc.html#heading');
That's not tested however :)

Using LHelpControlPkg you can load context's like so:

TLHelpConnection.OpenContext('mychm.chm', AContextID);

or urls

TLHelpConnection.OpenURL('mychm.chm, '/my/url/doc.html');

or just a file

TLHelpConnection.OpenFile('mychm.chm');

Regards,

Andrew