[Lazarus] TStringGrid Cell drawing

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Mon Aug 24 10:24:50 CEST 2009

Vincent Snijders wrote:

> Any ideas how to accomplish this? Without hiring a dedicated document
> writer/manager?

For the LCL documentation, I think the fpdoc format is the best. There
is no excuse not to use it. The Lazarus IDE also includes an internal
FPDoc Editor (Views menu), which makes it really easy to document such
classes. Then simply create a patch and submit it to Mantis or mailing list.

The nice thing of fpdoc is also that you can edit & view documentation
while offline.

For the Lazarus IDE help - that is another story. fpdoc format does not
seem to be the ideal format for the IDE (dialogs) help. I suggested the
AsciiDoc format. I will continue with that idea my implementing a basic
AsciiDoc help database backend and help viewer.

But TStringGrid is part of the LCL, so it should have it's documentation
in the LCL fpdoc format. FPDoc has support for examples (code) and
images. It also has support for extended Topics, to elaborate even more
about a component etc...

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/