[Lazarus] TTrayIcon on Cocoa

Tobias Giesen tobias_subscriber at tgtools.com
Wed Aug 26 16:14:33 CEST 2009

> NSLoadApplication must be called from Carbon application using Cocoa,
> no matter what stuff is placed in Bundle.

Great. Still the icon does not respond to clicks.

I tried my own adaptation of the StatusItem, bypassing the LCL. This
works fine as long as I use NSApp.run instead of Application.Run. The
icon responds to clicks and shows its menu just fine, except for when
a modal dialog is shown. I assume that Felipe's solution has the same
problem? Can the modal dialog event loop be extended somehow so that
it doesn't block Cocoa events?

I think I'm looking for something like NSApp.processevents but this
doesn't exist.

Cheers,
Tobias