[Lazarus] Default uses clause in project unit

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Wed Aug 26 17:03:15 CEST 2009

Vincent Snijders wrote:

>> If not, then why do we have the extra "IFDEF UseCThreads" define in
>> the uses clause?
>>

> So, it won't be added by default. Don't add it, if you don't need it
> (or any or you required packages).

But why not add it by default? Windows for example has multi-threading
support compiled in, even if you use multi-threading or not in your
application. This applied to Delphi and Kylix as far as I know.

Why not do the same for unix-type OSes? I don't understand the reasoning
to not include it by default. Does it add such a lot to the executable
file size? Does it add extra dependencies on libraries that might not
exist in standard installs - though far as I know Posix is available in
ANY unix-type OS like Linux, *BSD etc...

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/