[Lazarus] Thread List Window in the IDE

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Thu Aug 27 14:32:22 CEST 2009

Mattias Gärtner wrote:
>> $ ./project1
>> /usr/bin/gnome-terminal
>> --title="Thread Monitor - project1"
>> --command="watch -n.1 'ps -C project1 -L -o pid,tid,pcpu,state'"
>
> And that is wrong. This is the command as given to a shell, which
> removes the outer level " and ' and then executes it.
> TProcess only removes the ",' if the parameter starts with a ",'.

OK, but should the following then work.

----------[ ~/bin/lsthreads ]------------------
/usr/bin/gnome-terminal --title="Thread Monitor" \
   --command="watch -n.1 'ps -C ${1} -L -o pid,tid,pcpu,state'"
----------------[ end ]------------------

Now I can call that using:

$ lsthreads project1

Creating another External Tool entry with the following information
still doesn't produce a result. Now I don't get any error, but I don't
even get a command prompt (gnome-terminal) either. :-(

Program Filename:
  lsthreads
 or
  /home/graemeg/bin/lsthreads