[Lazarus] Release preparations

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Aug 30 18:44:04 CEST 2009

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 13:22:44 +0200
Jürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann at gmx.de> wrote:

> > In the last week a dozen bug fixes have been merged to the
> > fixes_0_9_28 branch to be included in the 0.9.28. Snapshots have
> > been created and I have updated the lazarus-testing Ubuntu
> > repository. Current 0.9.27 snapshots can be considered a 0.9.28RC2.
>
> I still don't get the logic in version numbering so I may not have
> the correct version for testing the next release. I tried build
> "Lazarus-0.9.29-21480-fpc-2.3.1-20090830-win32" but experienced a
> problem:
>
> When compiling I now get a warning that my project(s) do not use the
> unit "interfaces" and whether it should be added. I called this unit
> in the implementation part of Unit1 (but nowhere else) and it worked
> ok in earlier builds so I don't know why it suddenly complains about
> it.

The unit interfaces is needed when using the unit forms.
Normally this is done in the lpr file.
If you prefer another setup just click 'Always ignore' and the IDE
will stop it (for this project).
The warning is needed because if you forget the unit interfaces you
will get strange linker errors - a big show stopper for newbies and
even some advanced programmers.

> If I choose to ignore the above warning it compiles just fine but for
> one of the 2 tested programs I am getting an error on startup:
> "Program could not be initialized correctly (0xc0150002)". It just
> worked fine with earlier builds. It seems that this a bug of the
> current build.

Never saw that one.

Mattias