[Lazarus] New Lazarus software

Geoffray jeff.levasseur at free.fr
Sat Dec 5 18:09:58 CET 2009

Hi all,

I'm a newbie about cross compiling, but I need to develop some
applications for arm-linux architecture. There are many days that I
search on web tutorials, guide and simple sparse bit of knowledge
about how to to... but no success at now.
All references to tutorials I found are very old and partially not working.

So I hope that you can help me to write a generic step by step
tutorial, starting from "generic" sources; I mean what to download,
what to write in terminal, etc...

What I believe to know is that:
1) cross compiling for arm-linux is simplest from Linux X86
2) I need binutils ( I downloaded latest one:
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/binutils/binutils-2.20.tar.gz )
3) I need sources of fpc and lazarus. I downloaded:
 - latest official fpc: fpcbuild-2.2.4.zip
 - Lazarus snapshots: e.g. today's lazarus-0.9.29-22952-20091204-src.tar.bz2

Now knowledge is even more darkness... I tried to install binutils:

cd ~/temp/buinutils
./configure
make
sudo make install

My experience with linux is not very deep, so I don't know if it is
installed right.

After this, do I need to compile fpc and than lazarus? How?

I became crazy... I think I will never develop for arm-linux without
your step by step help...

Thank you very much in advance!