[Lazarus] Cross Compile for arm-linux

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 22:22:19 CET 2009

2009/12/5 Kjow <antispammoni at gmail.com>:
> 2009/12/5 Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org>:
>> The makefiles of GNU binutils are broken: if you compile for another
>> target, distclean is not enough, just delete the whole binutils source
>> dir and unpack it again.

Odd, it seems to work for me, but I'm on 2.19.

> Ok, I deleted binutils directory and re-unpacked it, then I did again:
>
> ./configure --target=arm-linux
> make
>
> It started to make a lot of compilation rows, until these last rows:
>
> o tc-arm.o `test -f 'config/tc-arm.c' || echo './'`config/tc-arm.c
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors

Note this.

> config/tc-arm.c: In function ‘make_mapping_symbol’:
> config/tc-arm.c:2489: error: suggest braces around empty body in an
> ‘if’ statement
> make[4]: *** [tc-arm.o] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/kjow/arm/binutils/gas'
> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/kjow/arm/binutils/gas'
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/kjow/arm/binutils/gas'
> make[1]: *** [all-gas] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kjow/arm/binutils'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

You can probably fix this with passing --disable-werror to ./configure.

> I think that are not very comfortable these errors... what's wrong?

I'm still not sure why you are messing around with binutils.  You need
to build for maemo, so just download the maemo sdk, read the manual,
then try and cross compile fpc and lazarus.  Relevant links are:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/Tools_Docs_and_Code/Tools/Platforms/Maemo/
http://maemo-sdk.garage.maemo.org/user-guide.html

Henry