[Lazarus] Win32 Qt dll version that works with Lazarus

Phil Hess macpgmr at fastermac.net
Sun Dec 6 16:12:38 CET 2009

Yes, Webkit is used too, which drags in many of the other Qt libraries. QtGui and QtCore alone do not have any other dependencies on Qt libraries.

On Mac, the Qt4 frameworks are about 100MB. For Linux this may not be a problem if Qt comes pre-installed and is used by other apps, but it does seem a bit excessive on OS X and Windows.

Win API is a low-level C interface, but on Mac Cocoa is a high-level GUI framework. So that means high-level LCL wrapping high-level Qt wrapping high-level Cocoa.

Thanks.

-Phil