[Lazarus] How to add custom fields to Version Info resource section?

Phil Hess macpgmr at fastermac.net
Sun Dec 6 19:15:01 CET 2009

Marco,

I think if you turn off everything in project options that goes into the resource, you can prevent Lazarus from overwriting your file. That would be version info, icon and manifest.

Delphi 2 had the ability to add custom version info keys but that's not supported in Lazarus.

Note that embedding version info in the executable is a Windows-only thing. You could use an external file containing version info (for example, .ini format) that could be used on all platforms instead as a solution too.

Thanks.

-Phil