[Lazarus] testing virtual TListView in gtk2

Seth Grover sethdgrover at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 17:59:08 CET 2009

> Should be fixed now in r22947

> Btw I set the count to 1000000 and it loaded almost instantly, so no
> huge delay at startup.

> Regards,

> Andrew.

I just checked out rev 23015 and I'm not getting the crash any more
when clicking on the list view item.

There is not a delay at startup for me either, but for about a minute
after startup the cpu usage for the application does skyrocket, even
though the application is already loaded and is responsive. A writeln
in the ondata method confirmed that what it's doing is gtk2 is calling
ondata for all of the 1000000 items in the list, but this is
apparently done in the background or something since the app is
responsive in the meantime and the cpu does go down eventually.

Here's what top shows for memory usage when I set the
ListView1.Items.Count property to a million:

10584 user  20   0 61448  47m 8696 R 89.4  4.8   0:08.10 project1

Compared to the following for 1000:

10586 user  20   0 24228  11m 8752 S  0.0  1.2   0:00.27 project1

Anyway, thanks, it's a major improvement over what it was before.

-SG

--
This email is fiction. Any resemblance to actual events
or persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Seth Grover
sethdgrover[at]gmail[dot]com