[Lazarus] Scrolling source editor in IDE with Ctrl+Up,Down

cobines cobines at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 17:12:35 CET 2009

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 00:44:58 +0100
Kjow <antispammoni at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/12/11 Kjow <antispammoni at gmail.com>:
> > I tried with:
> >
> > make lcl LCL_PLATFORM=gtk2 CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=linux
> > CROSSBINDIR=/home/kjow/lazarus/fpc/binutils/
> > FPC=/usr/lib/fpc/2.5.1/ppcrossarm OPT="-CfSOFT -Xd -Sd"
>

> I tried also, in lazarus root, but:
>
> ~/lazarus/$ sudo make clean all CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=linux
> PP=/usr/local/bin/ppcarm OPT="-FU/usr/lib/fpc/2.5.1/units/arm-linux/"

This puts all ppu files to /usr/lib/fpc/2.5.1/units/arm-linux/.
Normally every project/package has it's own directory for its ppu
files. But now you have mixed them all up, which means all
documentation don't work for you. You can proceed if you know what you
are doing, or remove all files in this directory and restart.

> Target OS: Linux for ARM
> Compiling lazarus.pp
> Assembling lazarus
> Linking ../lazarus
> /usr/local/bin/arm-linux-ld: cannot find -lX11
> lazarus.pp(125,42) Error: Error while linking

You forgot to install the X11 libraries for arm.
LCL applications also needs the gtk2 libraries.

> lazarus.pp(125,42) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
> Fatal: Compilation aborted
> make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/kjow/lazarus/ide'
> make[1]: *** [ide] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kjow/lazarus/ide'
> make: *** [ide] Error 2
>
> ~/lazarus$ make lcl LCL_PLATFORM=GTK2 PP=ppcarm CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=linux
> make -C lcl all

The gtk2 must be written small (LCL_PLATFORM=gtk2).

You should have done in the first place instead of the above with
the -FU option.
But since you have already compiled the lcl and put its ppu files
into a global directory you are out of luck.

>[...]
> But now compiling with command line:
>[...]
>
> I have all libraries incompatible... how make it compatible? (or where
> to find these...)

I don't know.

Mattias