[Lazarus] GTK2 changed to single-handle-per-form design

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Dec 14 16:27:32 CET 2009

Zitat von Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:

> Will this in any way affect LCL?

Probably not
1.
The gtk intf does not use many X functions and the gtk2 already had a
lot of window less widgets.
2.
Ubuntu is already at 2.18 so it contains the 2.17 patches.
The only problems I know are that some themes cause division by zero -
not in the LCL code, but in gtk theme engines or the svg lib used by
some gtk themes.

> Just came across this information, so I
> thought I would mention it. Seems GTK is now following Qt in design.
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/909m7/gtk_2173_is_released_the_clientside_windows/
>
> http://live.gnome.org/GTK+/ClientSideWindows
>

> How will this affect running GTK2 apps remotely via X11 network protocol?

It depends. For most apps it should make no difference.

Mattias