[Lazarus] Configure "Build Lazarus" was weird but no more...

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Mon Dec 14 21:51:09 CET 2009

On maanantai, 14. joulukuuta 2009 22:15:48 dmitry boyarintsev wrote:
> Here's my point of view how to make the build options shorter and
> cleaner: http://imagebin.org/75477
>
> The top combobox "Quick Build options" allows to select predefined set
> of components.
> The items of the combobox is: "Build LCL, Build LCL and IDE" etc (all
> options at the current Quick Build options")
> With combo box change, marks at the components list below changes
>  automatically.

IMO this combobox is better than the original 2 tab-pages. This way you get
visual feedback of the changes. The original tab-control was just non-
intuitive.

> If users changes marks at the list manually, combobox caption changes
> to "Custom". To make it clear that, current set of options is not one
> of predefined.

What if someone wants to define and save new build options?
That was the idea of my configurable build profiles.

> I've replaced a radiogroup of widgetset with the combobox. I know it's
> two-clicks instead of one, to select the widgetset, but it save space.
> Besides in Compiler option (Path tag), there's widgetset combobox too,
> not radiogroup.

I like this combobox, too. I could change my version to use combobox and label
"Widgetset" as well later.

There is one problem with your solution though: It shows all the controls all
the time. The original idea with Quick Build Selections was to hide the
"advanced" options. My solution has a "Hide Details" button for that.

Juha