[Lazarus] TESTMAIL - IGNORE

Helmut Hartl helmut.hartl at firmos.at
Tue Dec 15 10:08:48 CET 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Mattias Gärtner wrote:
>> Gnome: Right click on left grabber of the items. Preferences: window grouping.
>

> Yes, but the point is that you cannot see in a "grouped taskbar entry" what
> project that instance of the IDE is using. See attached screenshot.
>
> It only displays the name "lazaras" and the version number. It would be
> much move convenient for those experienced users to see the project name
> first, then if needed, the name "lazarus + <version>".
>
> eg:
>
>   "tutoradmin.lpi - lazarus-0.9.28-3"
>

> Any programmer using Lazarus will see the lazarus icon or the extension
> .lpi and know it is Lazarus IDE, so I don't know how this can confuse any user.
>

> Regards,
>   - Graeme -

IMO, the solution to this thread's topic is to have a Project Groups Manager to
switch projects in a single click.

Something that looks like the project manager, but with following functionality:
1) Create project group and add projects to it.
2) Double click on any project saves and closes current project and loads the
   double-clicked project.
3) Ability to compile/build all projects in project group.
   I understand Lazarus is project-based, so this can only be done by switching
   projects in project group and compiling/building them one by one.
   (i.e. e.g. Load Project 1 -> Build Project 1 -> Close Project 1 ->
              Load Project 2 -> Build Project 2... and so on...).

This way, no multiple IDEs needs to be opened, and no need to fight with Window-Manager's taskbar.

Regards,
Funky Beast