[Lazarus] Do FPC generates old EABI code?

Dariusz Mazur darekm at emadar.com
Tue Dec 15 13:18:35 CET 2009

Florian Klaempfl pisze:
> Dariusz Mazur schrieb:
>
>> Kjow pisze:

>>> This is the command that I used to make crosscompiler:
>>>
>>> sudo make crossinstall CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=linux
>>> CROSSBINDIR=/home/kjow/lazarus/fpc/binutils/ CROSSOPT="-CaEABI
>>>

>>> -dFPC_ARMEL -CfSOFT -gl -O-" INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/
>>> COMPILER_OPTIONS="cpufpemu"
>>>

>> sudo make crossinstall CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=linux
>> CROSSBINDIR=/home/kjow/lazarus/fpc/binutils/ OPT="-dFPC_ARMEL"
>> CROSSOPT="-CaEABI -dFPC_ARMEL -CfSOFT -gl -O2" INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/
>>

>> add OPT, remove COMPILER_OPTIONS
>>

> Please, don't spread the nonsense of -CfSOFT -CaEABI, it's neither

This is no I, as You see upper:
<cite>
make crosssinstal OPT="-dFPC_ARMEL" .......
add OPT, remove COMPILER_OPTIONS
</cite>

I test about -CaEABI its not needed, then same with CROSSOPT="-dFPC_ARMEL

I know too few to say to omit some options
Jonas say about:  CROSSOPT="-dFPC_ARMEL
last time when I ask about reduction options everyone blame me

but how compiler know, that FPU is present or absent (-CfSOFT)?

> needed nor desired. -dFPC_ARMEL is enough. Neither is -dFPC_ARMEL needed
>  in CROSSOPT. It is only needed when the first arm compiler is built and
> in this case OPT=-dFPC_ARMEL is enough.

for me better:  CPU_TARGET=armel  (similar as ARMEB)

--
  Darek