[Lazarus] Multi-platform sound playback

Duncan Parsons D.Parsons at seamsltd.com
Fri Dec 18 15:47:47 CET 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Reimar Grabowski [mailto:reimgrab at web.de]
Sent: 18 December 2009 14:30
To: Lazarus List
Subject: [Lazarus] Multi-platform sound playback

Hi all,

I am working on movie playback with FPC via ffmpeg. The video part is
mostly complete and working but now I am looking for a cross-platform
(Linux, Mac OS, win) way to play sounds. I don't need any fancy library
with support for all and every sound format out there as I decode the
audio myself (well actually ffmpeg does it). I just need to be able to
play the waveform samples I get after decoding.
My preferred license would be LGPL but for the beginning anything free
is fine with me. For testing even a Linux only option would suffice.

tia
R.