[Lazarus] capturing system shutdown

Chris Jennings cjvanbc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 06:01:28 CET 2009

Hi All

I'm a newbie to fpc/Lazarus. I have been able to make (in my mind)
remarkable headway in starting to develop a cross platform application
that will hopefully end up being the begining of a major open source
project aimed at the educational community.

I have been able to find a lot of specific information by searching
Google and have also received a lot of quality help from members of the
Lazarus/fpc community.

Today I have a problem that I can't find any reference to when
searching. I need to be able to do this in both a Linux and Win environment.

1. User opens my program and begins to interact with the data behind the
program.
2. User initiates a system shutdown or logoff without closing my program.
3. The system must transfer control to my program that will at this
point bring up a dialog suggesting that the user save any changes and
close the program.
4. Upon doing #3, the system then continues with shutdown or will acept
a new shutdown command.

I know that this can be accomplished but have now idea where to start.

Any help or code segments would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris Jennings