[Lazarus] Transparent container

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 13:14:08 CET 2009

Hello Lazarus-List,

Tuesday, December 22, 2009, 7:35:02 AM, you wrote:

GG> I think you uncovered a bug their.  Alternatively create a TCustomComponent
GG> descendant and in the constructor add something like the following:
GG>   ControlStyle := ControlStyle + [csAcceptsControls, csCaptureMouse,
GG>     csClickEvents, csNoFocus] - [csOpaque];

Hmmmm... That's a possibility... I should study it, never worked in a
new component.

GG> Also, when you say "transparent", do you mean like what can be done with a
GG> TLabel, or do you mean the whole window is truly transparent so that you
GG> can see through it and onto the desktop?  I don't think LCL supports the
GG> latter.

More like the TLabel transparency, basically and invisible container
at runtime that have the autoarrange and autosize capabilities of a
TPanel in order to organize groups of controls that share a common
background.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun