[Lazarus] Exception hidden ?

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sat Dec 26 02:31:52 CET 2009

Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Brad Campbell schrieb:
>
>>> On Windows you can uncheck the option (see above), to get a GUI
>>> application with an attached console. A very nice feature for
>>> debugging, not available on most other platforms.
>>
>> Actually not _required_ on other platforms. Other platforms let you
>> run an application from a console and witness its output should you so
>> desire, without having to recompile the application with odd options.
>
> Thanks, I didn't know that it's so easy.
>
> The same procedure should be possible on Windows?

No, on Windows you need to compile the app as console mode to have it write anything to a console
window, otherwise it just launches the application and returns you to the console prompt.

I had to debug some Win stuff recently, and as I've been lucky enough to have avoided it for many
years now, this oddity caught me several times.

Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them