[Lazarus] Lazarus documentation

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 19:18:32 CET 2009

2009/12/29 Andrew Haines <AndrewD207 at aol.com>:

> The SimpleIPC unit that lhelp uses for IPC creates a named pipe in tmp
> that corresponds to the the HelpLabel option. Try setting the HelpLabel
> value to something. I think that it uses a default and lazhelp and

That was the problem. HelpLabel was blank - and there is now help
regarding that opition in the lhelp + CHM wiki page. Setting HelpLabel
to some text solves the problem and I found find help on the SysUtils
unit for example.

Now the other problem is lhelp itself. Scrolling is totally broken.
Click the scrollbar and drag it to scroll to current page. It jumps
back and forth erratically between the start and end of the page being
viewed.

Also when using the mouse wheel to scroll, once I get to the bottom of
the page and keep rolling the mouse wheel the contents starts jumping
up/down by about two or three lines continuously.

Seems lhelp still needs lots of testing and debugging before it's
ready as a general Lazarus help tool.

Thanks again for help regarding the HelpLabel option.

  - Graeme -