[Lazarus] Network connections

SteveG steveg at nevets.com.au
Wed Dec 30 18:24:08 CET 2009

On Thursday 31 December 2009 03:13:55 Terry A. Haimann wrote:
> If it is a script, it may not run from the Lazarus start procedure.
> Secondly, you may need to explicitly define the path. Your command prompt
> has a number of predifined paths,which your lazarus app doesn't.
>
> SteveG <steveg at nevets.com.au> wrote:
> >Evening All (from where I'm sitting anyway)
> >
> >I have the following code which connects me to the Internet using a
> > 'Wireless Broadband USB Key'.
> >
> >Very simply, it uses wvdial to create the connection, and this works fine
> > from a cmd line (linux obviously) or from a small Laz/Fpc test program. I
> > can browse / email and my main program can access the internet
> > successfully.
> >
> >If I place the same code (as below) in my main program though, browser and
> >email still work, but the program containing this code can no longer 'see'
> > the connection.
> >
> >The problem appears to be related to my usage of TProcess ?
> >
> >begin
> >    AsyncProcess1.CommandLine := 'wvdial';
> >    AsyncProcess1.Execute;
> >end;
> >
> >As a side issue, if anybody knows how to connect to a USB B'Band key
> > directly from Laz/fpc (no wvdial etc) any pointers would be much
> > appreciated.

Thanks Terry - I believe the script runs ok (initiates the connection) as all
programs (browser etc) can access the Internet - the only program that cant is
the Laz/Fpc program that called the script.
If I call the wvdial script from another fpc program first, my 'main' program
then works ok, but placing the script call in my 'main' program (no other
changes) prevents my 'main' program accessing the Internet.

SteveG