[Lazarus] Zipfiles using Paszlib...

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 09:38:32 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 3:16 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Don't confuse zlib with zip. AFAIK zlib is the gz library, which
> compresses only an single file, and typically is used to compress tar
> archives into *.tar.gz or *.tgz.

That's correct.  An alternative that also gives MUCH better
compression, is 7zip. There is a native implementation of 7zip for
Delphi (and I believe it works with Free Pascal as well). Good news is
that NO external libraries are required and compression is the best!

Regards,
  - Graeme -