[Lazarus] Some remark about installer

Владимир Средних cobalt747 at mail.ru
Wed Feb 11 10:38:13 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have never looked at TZipper.  Do you have any idea how that differs
> from TZipFile?  Is it worth picking one over the other?

I've never used TZipFile, but well, you wrote that TZipFile doesn't
compress. TZipper does compress, and TZipper is a standard component
of Free Pascal. Althougth at the moment you need a local copy of the
latest svn zipper.pp to use it.

Another nice feature of TZipper is adding files with a stream as
source, so you can load data from any where you want, doesn't need to
be existing files. Don't know if TZipFiles also allows that.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho