[Lazarus] Can't get access to http://frepascal.org

Владимир Средних cobalt747 at mail.ru
Fri Feb 13 13:01:16 CET 2009

2009/2/11 Reenen Laurie <rlaurie at gmail.com>:
> A while ago I installed Virtual box and WinXP.  I want to know if it's
> possible for me to keep my Virtual box's Lazarus updated from the SVN
> updates I do via linux?

Under VMWare you can setup "shared folders" between the host and the
vm sessions. I believe VirtualBox also has that feature. I do this for
all our projects and frameworks (tiOPF, fpGUI etc) and can't imagine
that it wouldn't be possible with Lazarus.

At the moment I don't share Lazarus source, but rather export the host
one (svn export /temp/lazarus) so that the VM session has it's own
copy. That way I can move the VM session between machines and still
start up Lazarus.
The other reason I use a exported version of Lazarus, is because
SubVersion waists a lot of disk space (double copies of everything in
the hidden .svn directories) and I try and limit the disk space in the
VM sessions. (another reason to use Git instead).

Regards,
  - Graeme -