[Lazarus] TAChart child/parent control integration: request for review

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 18:36:44 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 03:17, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 02:28, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
>> Actually, I think we still can. The DVCS model itself is so powerful
>
> It should first solve the awkwardness of line ending problem, it feels
> so rcs/cvs like.

Well, the problem for me is actually from trying to use both svn and hg at once.

So if one either:
  1) Uses only svn
  2) Uses only hg
  3) Uses both, but without svn:eol-style=native property
then all is well.

Recently I even suggested to drop svn:eol-style, but apparently it
is important for some Windows users.

>> Another important thing for me is speed -- just to view a diff
>
> A lot of my diffs were full diffs when trying hg for a small project
> because of the line ending issue so the fast diffs got useless ;)

Do you know you can fix up commits in DVCS as long as nobody
pulled your changes yet? (And even after that, but at a risk of
confusing others).
I must admit, however, that the interface for doing that in Mecrurial is bad --
it is much better in git.

--
Alexander S. Klenin