[Lazarus] Wiki pages suggestion - feature comparison

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 11:14:37 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 12:25 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> IMO Borland/Inprise/CodeGear better had provided a Visual Pascal plugin
> for VS.

I think they would have had more success with that - or at least put
the Object Pascal language in a better light.

> Hint: Lazarus also is a Delphi IDE clone.

As far as I know (from prior conversations on this mailing list), it
was never the intention or goal to "clone" the Delphi IDE. The only
goal was to clone the VCL.  I personally don't consider Lazarus IDE a
clone of Delphi IDE. They might look similar from a distance, but when
you start working with them, they are quite different. I prefer
Lazarus IDE a lot more - mostly because I can modify it to suit my
needs.

Regards,
  - Graeme -