[Lazarus] speed of SynEdit [Re: Wiki pages suggestion - feature comparison]

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 16:01:07 CET 2009

Marco van de Voort schrieb:

>> Now I could spot the trouble source: it's fpdoc!
>
> Interesting, I'm just optimizing a part of that.

> What exactly is slow in fpdoc?

IMO it's the search for documentation information about the current
identifier in the edit window, started for almost every move of the caret.

If that's the reason for the excessive slowdown of the editor, the
search should be performed by a background thread, so that the editor is
not blocked. The search should be terminated immediately, when the caret
moves to an different identifier.

DoDi