[Lazarus] Component palette issues

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 26 16:31:04 CET 2009

Kostas Michalopoulos schrieb:

> Also the components need to be reorganizable. In other words you must be
> able to swap components around.

The palette entry is determined by the component package(s), you'll have
to rearrange everything after every rebuild of the IDE.

It might help to have some "alias" definitions for palette entries, just
like for units, which allow to replace given entry names by user
specified ones.

> PS. Don't tell me "Delphi does it this way" or something similar. I'm using
> Lazarus not Delphi.

RAD Studio has a new palette, that wastes even more screen space :-(

But at least it allows to sort components e.g. by name, ignoring
categories, and to select components by kind of auto completion.

DoDi