[Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.26 very slow with GTK2 in fedora 8

Tom Lisjac zikon770 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 19:47:36 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 2:13 AM, dayat <dayat at postgresql-id.org> wrote:
> The Fedora 8 running on VirtualBox 2.0.6 on Vista. For host machine I use
> 3GB RAM, and Core Duo CPU. Have virtualbox a problem.

Run the top command on your VM and hit shift-P to sort on the process
that are actually consuming the cpu. If you've installed the
VirtualBox guest extensions, VBoxClient has been known to run away
with the cpu. Top will also tell you if you're swapping. If kswapd is
consuming a lot of cpu and you're using swap space, consider adding
more ram to your vm.

You might also try upgrading to VirtualBox 2.1 that was recently released.

-Tom