[Lazarus] My ADVICE!!!: Are you having problems installing Qdebian(Linux) packages.

Peter Williams pewtas at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 18:02:40 CET 2009

To the Lazarus email list

Good morning, Lord Satan,

Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS
from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia -- phone (03) 6236-9675

My free website is: http://pewtas.googlepages.com  (or)
http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)
Zsa Zsa Gabor  - "I'm a great housekeeper. I get divorced. I keep the
house."

2009/1/11 Lord Satan <reimgrab at web.de>

> On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:40:15 +1100
> "Peter Williams" <pewtas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Please do not regard my emails as spam. I was simply attempting to
> explain
> > my situation and what my computer does and how I have found out about how
> my
> > pc works.
> OMFG. How can a single person be so dense?
> In Germany we have a saying: "Herr, schick Hirn!", which roughly translates
> to "Oh Lord, send brain!"
> If you really want to help people installing lazarus, there are Wiki pages
> about it. Contribute there.

Okay, thanks for the advice. *SMILE*

> > Yes, I'm well aware of www.google.com however, I find it difficult to
> > understand how to search properly (eg effectively) using it.
> Why am I not surprised by this?

Well, as I think you'd appreciate learning to use a new computer can
sometimes involve a steep learning curve. Many of my good friends have tried
to show me how to use Google.com. I pride myself in the fact that I try to
learn the proper way to learn to search with Google. ;-) I think that you'll
be happy to learn that I'm slowly improving at using Google.com #SMILE#

> > I fully admit
> > that I'd benefit from learning more about how to search more effectively
> > using google.
> You are a lucky guy, as I share my m4d g00gl3 sk1llz with you.

Yes, thank you ;-)

> Here are some keywords to try (don't forget the quotation marks):
>
> mint linux forum
> beginner linux forum
> "mailing list" etiquette
> "how to ask questions the smart way" (this one is really important, read
> carefully and try to understand it)
> ldp (much to read but much to learn, too)

Thank you, again ;-) I've written those down on some paper... So, hopefully
I won't lose the paper :-)

> Oh and btw your hibernate/suspend problems have nothing to do with the
> number of installed KDE programs. They are more likely coming from problems
> with... oops, I am wandering from the subject of this mailing list. Sorry.

Thank you.

> Have a nice read

Yes, I intend to. Thanks again.

> Disclaimer: I am only talking about your last mails. I am fully aware of
> the fact that your former mails where legitimate questions regarding
> lazarus.

OKay ;-)

> --
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.

Yours Sincerely and With Love and Best Wishes,
petethepoet aka PEW

from North Hobart, Tassie, Down Under