[Lazarus] Does Lazarus have "sizer" or "layout" objects?

Reenen Laurie rlaurie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 11:01:44 CET 2009

Yes, that demo of MiG looks truely awesome...
The fact that you can write:
  hPanel.add(createTextField(""), "width 25%!");
is awesome... I've always wanted to be able to express the size in terms of
a % of the parent!

Greame wrote:
I am working on such a layout manager class though. I am porting the
MiG Layout from Java to Free Pascal.

Yes please!  Let us know about your progress!

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
> <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> >
> > What kind of graphics are supported? Pixel-based bitmaps do not fit well
> > together with otherwise measured fonts and other GUI elements.
>
> It has nothing to do with "what kind of graphics are supported".
> Layout manager are used to design or layout components on a form. MiG
> Layout does just that. It positions, resizes etc components (edits,
> comboboxes, treeviews, labels etc) on a form without using nested
> layout managers or resize event handlers. Position or size of
> components can be specified in any measuring unit and will keep the
> form looking correct irrespective of when it is resized, dpi is
> changed etc..
>

> Regards,
>  - Graeme -

o__