[Lazarus] real user name

Reenen Laurie rlaurie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 23:36:43 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> On the first attempt I got an invalid jar - can java 1.5 not handle a
> version 1.4 jar?

I don't know. I have Java 1.6.0_03 runtime environment installed and
the demo runs fine.

> A general problem with demos: they show what has been made work, not the
> limits of the tool or library. I don't say that MiG has problems, I'm

That demo is very well designed. It has a lot of different examples.
You can view the source code for each example. You can even change the
layout manager settings at runtime to customise each example - so you
can play around with the different settings and options and instantly
see the affect.  You can also enable the debug mode in each example
which is very handy to understand the layout structure.

Regards,
  - Graeme -