[Lazarus] FYI: qt is going to be LGPL

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Wed Jan 14 13:01:30 CET 2009

On Wednesday 14 January 2009 11:19, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> You probably already know this, anyway I thing is good news for the qt
> lazarus port.
>
> Qt 4.5 is going to be released under the LGPL instead of the GPL:
> http://www.qtsoftware.com/about/news/lgpl-license-option-added-to-qt

AFAIK , it will not be replacement for GPL. I got mail from nokia this
morning:
" Dear Qt User:

Nokia is pleased to announce that with the release of Qt 4.5 you will
be able to use Qt under the Lesser General Public License (LGPL)
version 2.1 terms. When released in March 2009, Qt will be made
available under three licensing options: Commercial, LGPL and GPL.
Prior versions of Qt are not impacted by this announcement."

It says 3 licencing options.

zeljko