[Lazarus] ARM-WinCE does not complie from the IDE (+ a fewquestion)

cc_ at freemail.hu cc_ at freemail.hu
Tue Jan 20 13:14:00 CET 2009

Felipe,

Thank you for your help!:)

>> 1. Am I supposed to build the ARM-WinCE units from the IDE? (This did not
>> work before)

>This always worked.

I am certain I was adviced by someone here not to use the add-on installer
and wait for  v0.926. Anyhow, I am glad it is working now. :)

>> 2. If yes, I guess not everything needs to compiled  or WinCE. Which
>> options
>> should be included?
>
> It's documented in the wiki:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Windows_CE_Interface#Using_the_snapshot_add-on_installer
>
> If you want to rebuild LCL yourself then you need to add the operating
> system wince and architecture arm in the Build Lazarus dialog. You
> need to use the advanced tab.

I  have used Lazarus to compile simple tesp projects before. What I meant is
this: there is a group of  combos with 7 choices on the Advanced
Build Options tab (LCL, SynEdit ...). I wanted to know if there was anything
above LCL which needs to be rebuilt after an SVN update in order to
crosscompile for arm-wince?

>> 3. Currently I am using FPC 2.2.2. Is this the currently recommended FPC
>> version for WinCE. If not, I would a appreciate a link to the proper SVN
>> FPC
>> repository.
>
> Yes, 2.2.2 is the recommend version.

Probably was not precise enough again. :) As far as I understand there are 3
active branches of FPC:
- 2.2.2
- 2.2.3 (fixes)
- 2.3.x

Out of these three?

> Use should use
> the add-on installer, unless there is a very good reasion to avoid it.

Thank you, will do. :)

Regards,
Leslie