[Lazarus] Linux

cc_ at freemail.hu cc_ at freemail.hu
Wed Jan 21 15:42:18 CET 2009

Thanks for the answers and suggestions everyone!

The speed issue I have is that simple things, like popup menues, clicking on
tabs of a pagecontrol, changing tasks ...almost everything is handled  too
slowly. Compared to what I am used to, the delay is quite disturbing.   The
other kind of slowness is that when the screen  is  refreshed it is slow
enough to see the different areas refreshing one by one. All together it
feeling is similar to working in a web browser. The PC is an older one:
Celeron 1700 CPU, 512MB RAM,  200GB HDD (10 GB for Ubuntu), Integrated
Video, but I think it should be decent enough for running Linux. There was
enough free RAM so the slowness could not have been caused by disk swaping
either.

So, one thing is already clear, I will need a proper driver for the video
card for sure. But  realy would not want to be offtopic any longer,  I
better go to the Ubuntu forums to seek for more specific help.

Thanks for all the reactions again,
Leslie