[Lazarus] Docking manager implementation

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Jan 22 15:05:39 CET 2009

Paul Ishenin schrieb:

> Lets start with a new unit. Then we will see if we need our own
> LazDockTree or we will replace it with yours.

The codename is EasyDockSite, and I could make it compile and run with
Lazarus :-)

There exist some fundamental differences between the Delphi and Lazarus
declaration and runtime environment of an docking manager - see comments
in the EasyDockSite unit. The first version has problems with resize and
undocking, where the display is not refreshed; I'll have to look deeper
into these issues.

The exe is very fat (13 MB), compared with the Delphi version (0.5 MB).
Is this normal? A matter of debug info?

DoDi