[Lazarus] fpWeb - Apache Modules

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Thu Jan 22 15:51:26 CET 2009

Andrew Brunner wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:
>> After working quite a few hours to get this to work yesterday, I have found the
>> solution:
>>
>> Start > All Programs > Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
>>
>> --
>> Warm Regards,
>>

> Lee, with the hope of not going too far off topic... I'm running
> Ubuntu 8.10 for tripple core AMD x64 machine.  I'm looking for a
> "start" option... "all programs" etc.  I only have an Applications
> menu item. :-)

I do not have it on my CentOS installation either. ;)

> LOL.  But seriously, good luck getting anything you write to work on a
> Linux box without FPC/Lazaurs.  Microsoft is rapidly becoming
> irrelevant compared to Linux.

Well, I know that some people are having good success with Asp.net/mono.  But I
would definitely prefer to use Lazarus/FPC.  I don't prefer C# and certainly not
vb.net.  The problem is that there is no working solution for web work available
for Lazarus/FPC that meets my needs.

1. It works.

2. I should not have to divert an appreciable amount of my life to learning how
to use the technology or getting it to work.

3. Must support database connection/object pooling.

Powtils and other only cgi frameworks by their nature do not support object
pooling.  The only other option that I saw was apache dso's using the fpWeb
framework but that did not turn out too well and I spent quite a long time
trying to get apache to load the dso (which it would not) let alone actually
running it.

Also, please don't misunderstand me, I like lazarus/fpc and I have a strong
appreciation for the work that its contributors do.  I would be happy to look at
any other solutions for lazarus/fpc that I have not found that meet the above
criteria.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee