[Lazarus] fpWeb - Apache Modules

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 12:18:00 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com> wrote:

> of course, but i mean the internet transfer of the html to the client's browser.

That I have not tested yet, but not much I can do about that either.
We do limit the amount of content in the generated pages. Example:
only include the JavaScript functions required for the set task/page,
remove debug HTML comments in the released version etc... every byte
helps. :-)

Our product currently only runs over a LAN, not a WAN. But the latter
is something we will be considering in the future. Our CGI apps stream
a LOT of flash content, because that's the bulk of our product
(teaching mathematics).

The other connections slow down is dependent on how busy the server
hosting the RDBMS is. We have found that if the server is heavily
stressed, the connection times increase a lot. This is where I hope
our 3-tier prototype will help. Where the app server has a connection
pool - one less thing for the CGI app to do.

Regards,
  - Graeme -