[Lazarus] fpWeb - Apache Modules

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sat Jan 24 15:48:44 CET 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, this is a problem for us tiOPF users since the tiOPF not only needs to
>> setup its database specific objects like pooling, etc but also has to perform
>> all of the object registrations if you're using AutoMapping a lot like I do.
>
> I don't use AutoMapping, so I can't comment on it's speed. But for
> "hard coded visitors", I have not noticed any slowdown because we use
> tiOPF. After all, tiOPF uses the same components you would have
> dropped on a TDataModule.

I wasn't referring to the execution speed.  For that, tiOPF is as fast as any.
I was talking about the initial load of the program where its customary to put
the registration of your automap mappings in the inititialization section of
your units.  It's just one more thing to load before your program executes which
is not really a problem now, but could potentially add to the responsive of the
CGI if there are many business objects being registered at program startup.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee