[Lazarus] Docking manager implementation

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Jan 25 01:24:59 CET 2009

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 00:22:47 +0200
Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/1/24 Reenen Laurie <rlaurie at gmail.com>:
> > For me, all I really want that's not supported via Lazarus at the
> > moment is the % of parent statement...
> >
> > Otherwise, I'm pretty happy at the moment.
>
> So how do you handle DPI changes or runtime language translation in
> LCL?  Not all LCL components have autosize, preferred / min / max
> sizes.  LCL still has many features missing compared to MiG Layout.

If a control does not provide good Min, Max and preferred size, then
MiG layout will fail too - it can only be as good as its input.

It's true that the current LCL properties are only pixel based and have
no properties for cm, inches, percentages, .... That's a feature of MiG.
OTOH I never saw an example where this was extensively required. If you
only need that at a few places you could use OnResize.

Mattias