[Lazarus] Colors and Themes

Paul Ishenin ip at kmiac.ru
Tue Jan 27 02:39:58 CET 2009

Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> You're right, it are other cl... colors that are deprecated. The lack of
> documentation sucks :-(
>
> Are the system colors always mapped to the current standards, including
> themes?

Well, with themes some controls are often painted using bitmaps instead
of colors and clBtnFace (for example) is not a correct color to draw a
button on themed XP or vista. But if you turn themes off all standard
buttons will be painted using clBtnFace.

To draw using themes we have a class TThemeServices though only a small
set of controls and their parts is implemented at moment for qt, gtk and
carbon. But it is possible to implement more if needed.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.