[Lazarus] Vote for Property Editors to stay on top

Leslie Kaye les.kaye at couchmansfarm.plus.com
Wed Jan 28 14:34:49 CET 2009

Hello,

I really need to create forms that stay on top of all other windows
(yes, even other applications), but using fsStayOnTop doesn't work
(there are a number of bugs about it but the situation isn't clear to me).

I found a couple of delphi suggestions (btw, on my old delphi 2.0
fsStayOnTop works fine, so I wouldn't need any of this):

1) SetWindowPos with HWND_TOPMOST
2) overriding CreateParams as suggested here
http://delphi.about.com/od/formsdialogs/l/aa073101b.htm

procedure TForm1.CreateParams(var Params: TCreateParams);
begin
   inherited CreateParams(Params);
   with Params do begin
     ExStyle := ExStyle or WS_EX_TOPMOST;
     WndParent := GetDesktopwindow;
   end;
end;

None of this works with lazarus. I saw that the only widgetset where
fsStayOnTop is qt under linux, but this application needs to be a win32 one.
Any suggestion on how to achieve that?

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007