[Lazarus] fsStayOnTop under windows

Inoussa OUEDRAOGO inoussa12 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 15:41:08 CET 2009

Hi,

> I really need to create forms that stay on top of all other windows
> (yes, even other applications), but using fsStayOnTop doesn't work
> (there are a number of bugs about it but the situation isn't clear to me).

It recalls me what Raymond Chen ( http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing )
said about that :

<Quote>
"How do I create a window that is never covered by any other windows,
not even other topmost windows?"
Imagine if this were possible and imagine if two programs did this.
Program A creates a window that is "super-topmost" and so does Program
B. Now the user drags the two windows so that they overlap. What
happens? You've created yourself a logical impossibility. One of those
two windows must be above the other, contradicting the imaginary
"super-topmost" feature.
</Quote>

The whole blog post is at
http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2005/06/07/426294.aspx and