[Lazarus] Free Open Source Diagram Components for Lazarus?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Jan 28 17:27:46 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 03:44:58PM +0100, Mattias G?rtner wrote:
> > probably
> > would need several people to do the port, probably at first to
> > Lazarus/Windows,
> > then to other OSes
> > - Would the Lazarus project care to host a porting project like this one?
>
> Because I want to use it in the IDE, I need a FPC solution, with a GPL
> compatible license, for example by porting some Delphi code.
> Seeing the other solutions, I wonder why you want to start from scratch.

Depends on how heavily it depends on those components. I quickly had a look
and it uses a proprietary parsergenerator and proprietary GUI. If you can't
recycle both parser and gui, then what can you recycle?

Afaik you can't even legally build that project without having all
components licensed. Toolbar2000 is GPL when used in the free edition,
JCL/JVCL is MPL which is GPL incompatible.

Note that all this doesn't make it impossible, but it will be very
non-trivial.