[Lazarus] Linux Journal #185 (Sep 2009)

Doug Chamberlin dougchamberlin at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 11 09:11:16 CEST 2009

ok, I have gone back to 0924 => the problem did already exist.

1) It is perfectly fine, even desirable that using ctrl-j you may have a
partial typed template-identifier (as long as it uniquely identifies the
template

example: trycf
you can type: tryc ctrl-j

as trycf is the only template starting with tryc this is fine and works

1a) ctrl-j in the middle of  a tmpl identifier
 example, type:
  trycf cursor-left ctrl-j
or
 tryc|f   ctrl-j

Works too => but currently leads to an extra "f" at the end of the
inserted template

This can be fixed, it is no harm => Personally I don't see the
application...

2) completing a keyword with space, return or other word-end-char
This can only work, if the full template identifier has been entered,
typing space. In the return example below, typing "ret" + space, would
correctly do nothing

But this currently also works, if you press space anywhere within the
word => imho this is wrong => space/return, should only work, if you are
at the end of the template identifier