[Lazarus] Which Lazaraus should be started?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Jul 14 13:56:47 CEST 2009

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 02:25:57 -0400
> waldo kitty <wkitty42 at windstream.net> wrote:
>
>> Mattias Gaertner wrote:

>>> It means the default lazarus is newer than your custom built one.
>> is this a version or a timestamp "problem"?
>
> I guess: neither.
> The IDE compares the file date.
> I would say this case is a "forgot to clean up problem".

hehe... ok...

FWIW: file date == timestamp in the relatively loose terms i was using to try to
be clear across any possible language barriers... doncha love'em? ;)

on a similar note, i ran into much the same thing recently on a development box
for a much different project... when resetting the box, we blew the BIOS setting
away by removing the battery for a few days... when starting it for the first
time after replacing the battery, someone forgot that July is the 7th month and
instead put in 6 for the month... when the project code was loaded and then
updated, things went all wonky due to dates being "in the future" on the
existing files as compared to those being applied from the update package...
let's just say that it weren't a pretty sight and resulted in a complete reload
after correcting the bad date setting :)