[Lazarus] Some useless repository statistics - just for fun

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Wed Jul 15 09:16:56 CEST 2009

Vincent Snijders wrote:

> It is to show the splash screen as soon as possible, not to wait until
> yet another executable is loaded.

Well then we are talking about milliseconds really. A splash screen is normally show just after the Application.Initialize call. Surely a few milliseconds shouldn't make a difference - in return for getting the startlazarus a bit "lighter" in memory usage department.

I did a quick test and by removing splash screen support from startlazarus, I managed to shaved off 3-4MB of memory usage. It went down from 14MB to 10MB memory. I'd say that is worth the few milliseconds extra it takes for the Lazarus executable to show its own splash screen.

Regards,
 - Graeme -