[Lazarus] UML Designer program

Osvaldo Filho arquivostcf at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 22:32:25 CEST 2009

En/na Graeme Geldenhuys ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> I'm reading up on some of the backend databases that FPC & Lazarus
> supports via SqlDB.
>
> * Is SQLite a local database only? Something like MS Access (Jet
> database)? Can you use it for client/server applications (web and GUI
> apps) via TCP/IP networking?

http://sqlite.org/whentouse.html

I've been using sqlite with fpc/lazarus (though using zeos or direct
access instead of sqldb) as an embedded, simple, database for a handful
of projects that run mostly unattended 24 hours a day and so far it's
worked well.

> * Anybody got some good or bad points regarding PostgreSQL? Last night I
> read about PostgreSQL for the first time. The feature list is very
> impressive and it seem to be right up there with MS SQL Server and
> friends. Anybody know how resilient it is to database corruptions
> (possibly due to power failures) etc... I know Firebird handles such
> cases pretty well.

I'm not using it with fpc (my deployed applications fits more the
embedded sqlite model than the more complex client/server one) but I'm
using it for our internal time tracking application and it gave us no
problem in the last 4 years, it was a set-up and forget thing.

Bye
--
Luca