[Lazarus] Compiling Package => Crash during rebuild

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 17:04:36 CEST 2009

Hello Lazarus,

TBC> First of all - compiling the package gives two error, easily fixable,
TBC> but they were there. Then after hitting the "install" button i'm asked
TBC> to rebuild lazarus, which I do. However, in my terminal i notice an odd
TBC> output, which i belive shouldn't be there (output attached as text
TBC> file). And afterward when i try to include the unit(s) in my uses
TBC> clause, I get a "... Fatal: Can't find unit fpspreadsheet used by ...".
TBC> In the Package graph, "configure installed packages", etc. it is however
TBC> listed correct.
TBC> Perhaps someone else have tried working with FPSpreadSheet and got it
TBC> working.

I'm using it in Windows (and developing) and I had not problems in the
past (not tested the last 2 revisions) but such kind of error looks
like a duplicate .ppu file. Look at 1 or 2 lines before the error(in
the messages window) for something like "unit xxxxx checksum changed"
or something like that. If that happends you may have 2 source files
with the same name in two different places or an old .ppu file laying
around your HD.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun